Visitors can safely walk around the village. The beach, nature reserve, mangrove swamps, lagoon and river are 2km away. Zululand is ideally based for a rich variety of day excursions. Some of the world's best game parks, the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, and the reconstructed Royal Zulu capitals of uMgungundlovu and oNdini are all within easy reach and make a memorable day's outing. Established in 1985, Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park is Africa's oldest game sanctuary and before that it was protected as the exclusive hunting preserve of the Zulu kings.
Mtunzini Country Club invites visitors to use their facilities. They offer tennis, squash and have a challenging nine hole par 71 golf course. Besides trying to make a few birdies, birders may spot a rare Palmnut Vulture gliding over the course to nest in the nearby Raphia Palms, one of the few declared National Monuments in South Africa.
Activities In and Around Mtunzini...
* Kayaking on the Lagoon
* Lagoon Barge Trips
* Deep Sea Fishing Charters
* Raphia Palm Monument (National Monument)
* Hiking Trails, Birding Routes and Mangrove Swamp
* Country Club (Golf, Tennis, Squash and Gym), Bowling Club and Ski Boat Club
* Restuarants, Pubs & Take-Aways
Tourist Attractions close enough for a Day Trip
* Game Reserves (Big Five Viewing)
* uShaka Marine World
* oNgoye & Dlinza Forests
* The Greater St. Lucia Wetland Park
* Pongola Nature Reserve (Tiger Fishing)
* Butterfly Dome
* Historical and Cultural Museums